PRP that has been used successfully for years to heal sports injuries is now becoming the treatment of choice to improve the appearance of wrinkles, scars, sun damage and even dark circles under their eyes.
The treatment, Platelet-Rich Plasma, is gaining in popularity for the same reasons athletes chose it: because of its organic nature and because it works. It uses plasma taken from the patient’s own blood. The possibility of side effects is practically nonexistent because the body is unlikely to reject its own blood.
Frequently Asked Questions
Prior to treatment a simple blood sample of 10 – 20 mls is extracted from the patient. This blood is immediately placed in the centrifuge for 5 – 8 minutes. When centrifugation is complete your plasma will be separated from your red blood cells. The rich platelets are extracted from the base of the plasma gel. The platelets are injected into the deep dermis or fat layer of the skin. Platelets gradually increase collagen which can increase skin thickness and overall health of the skin.
• Cheeks and Mid face
• Crepey skin on the neck
• Back of hands
• Other Body Areas
- It’s a completely natural procedure – we’re using your body’s own organic material to regain your skin’s vitality. No Botox, no dermal fillers, just your own platelet plasma. It’s great for those who are skeptical about injecting artificial materials into their body.
- There is little to no risk of side effects from the actual injection because it’s your own biological material! You also won’t have to worry about an allergic reaction. You may experience some bruising, tenderness, swelling or redness near the injection site, but this will dissipate within a few days.
- No surgery, no hassle. This is a 30-minute, minimally invasive treatment that will have you in and out of our office in no-time.
- Recovery time is little to none! You can walk out of our office immediately after and resume your day-to-day activities – grab a coffee with friends or go grocery shopping! It all depends on how you feel about redness or soreness from the injection.
- The treatment has the ability to also smooth out wrinkles and lines! Could you have ever imagined gaining a more youthful appearance with your own healing and growth factors?
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment, please call Innovative Aesthetics at (319) 365-SPA1 (7721).
Before and After
PRP Injections / Post 3-treatments
PRP Injections / Post 4-treatments