Platelet-rich Plasma or Platelet-rich Fibrin Matrix
The Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) or Platelet-rich Fibrin Matrix (PRFM) that has been used successfully for years to heal sports injuries is now becoming the treatment of choice to improve the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and even dark circles under their eyes.
PRP Scalp Injections
PRP/PRFM can also be injected into your scalp to stimulate hair follicle production. We recommend a series of 4-6 treatments, 4-6 weeks apart. Results can be seen as soon as a month after the initial treatment. Yearly maintenance treatments may be required to maintain increased hair growth.
Before and After
Frequently Asked Questions
Preparation is simple and quick, and completed on the physician’s premises in the appointment time. Prior to treatment a simple blood sample of 10 – 20 mls is extracted from the patient. This blood is immediately placed in the centrifuge for 5 – 8 minutes. When centrifugation is complete your plasma will be separated from your red blood cells. The rich platelets are extracted from the base of the plasma gel. The platelets are injected into the deep dermis or fat layer of the skin. Platelets gradually increase collagen which can increase skin thickness and overall health of the skin.
- Orbital Rim – Around the eyes
- Cheeks and Mid face
- It’s a completely natural procedure – we’re using your body’s own organic material to regain your skin’s vitality. No Botox, no dermal fillers, just your own platelet plasma. It’s great for those who are skeptical about injecting artificial materials into their body.
- There is little to no risk of side effects from the actual injection because it’s your own biological material! You also won’t have to worry about an allergic reaction. You may experience some bruising, tenderness, swelling or redness near the injection site, but this will dissipate within a few days.
- No surgery, no hassle. This is a 30-minute, minimally invasive treatment that will have you in and out of our office in no-time.
- Recovery time is little to none! You can walk out of our office immediately after and resume your day-to-day activities – grab a coffee with friends or go grocery shopping! It all depends on how you feel about redness or soreness from the injection.
- The treatment has the ability to smooth out wrinkles and lines and improve the skin’s elasticity! Could you have ever imagined gaining a more youthful appearance with your own healing and growth factors?
As we are regenerating collagen lasting results will depend on the care and maintenance of your skin. However, 2-3 treatments will help results last up to 18 months.
PRP Skin Rejuvenation
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) skin rejuvenation is a cosmetic, non-surgical process that tightens and thickens the skin around your face and eyes to give you a more youthful appearance.
As we age, our skin becomes thinner and our face loses volume, especially in the cheeks. Fat below the eyelids can sag resulting in bulging “bags,” a hollowing of the tear trough, and even dark circles.
This treatment process includes taking a small amount of blood from your arm and then separating the red blood cells from the plasma. The PRP can then be reinjected into the skin around your eyes or applied topically.
Unlike a filler product that is gradually absorbed by your body in months, PRP stimulates blood circulation and new skin cells with healthier collagen structure that can last years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Effects can be seen as early as two months after initial injection and can last up to five years.
The most common side effects include bruising and swelling, but these seem to be minor for most individuals. However, if you have a blood related disease or on a blood thinner and are worried about the safety of PRP eye rejuvenation, you should check with a medical professional.
Although every individual has different needs and amount of growth factor in their plasma, it is typically recommended that patients receive three to four treatments a month apart.